Wednesday, February 11, 2009

First Meeting

I went to a Get Started meeting tonight. It was more geared toward signing people up. there were only a few that were already registered. I learned a lot out of it. The two hardest things about this walk in August are the training and the fund raising. They showed us what a "schedule" looks like for day one. You walk 2-3 miles and have a break. Some breaks are longer like lunch, but you aren't walking 20 straight miles in one day, there are breaks and lots of them. If I keep up on the training, which the major training (3 miles all the way up to 18 miles a day) starts in a few weeks, I should not have a problem.

I'm sorry to those that have already received an email from me about the 3-day. I will most likely be sending out another one with updates on my progress. Feel free to pass along my information for donations - I need all the help I can get spreading the word. The more people that know about it, the better my chances of making or going beyond my goal.

I know times are tough right now. Every little bit can help. They even have a payment plan where you can spread out your payments up to 4 months. Can't give as much as you would like all in one lump sum? Can you give $20 for the next 3 months? Giving that much each month adds up to $80 towards my goal and the end of breast cancer. Please help if you can.

Help me reach my goal for the Twin Cities Breast Cancer 3-Day!


Thank you!

No comments: