Saturday, May 16, 2009

Garage Sale Day 1

The sale started very early - 7am. Yes, I was out there ready to go at that time. The dogs, yes plural, had me up at 5am. Tamara went out with some friends last night and I didn't think it would be a problem to leave Jack with us because they had been playing all day so they would both be pooped out. NOPE. They wanted to keep playing, so we put Jack in the kennel and Polly in our room. Jack barked from 11:30-12:30. We brought him into our room. Polly slept and Jack paced around our bed until 2am. 5am came too early. As I type this Polly is passed out on the floor.

I knew people would be coming over that have never seen the house so I wanted to pick it up a little. Did that and found more stuff to sell. Opened up, had a few people stop by and walk through but no buyers. We would start off telling people what the garage sale was for and that all prices were negotiable. Big mistake. I had two people that kept asking $2 over and over for a brand new pair of jeans marked at $5 (so new they had the tags on still). I had new shoes that had never been worn marked for $2 that they wanted to give me $1. Please, I need money but not that bad. Of course later, someone else came by that was willing to pay $2 for a pair of shoes instead of haggling with me. We made a lot more money when we stopped saying the prices were negotiable. Some people still asked for a deal but it was like, marked price is $5 I'll give you $4-deal. More people turned out than I expected. It was so cold and windy I didn't think anyone was going to come out. Tomorrow is supposed to be nicer so hopefully more people will stop out. Here are few photos from setup and today.




















Thank you everyone for all your donated items!

1 comment:

erin said...

It was nice to see you today, Carrie!