Sunday, March 22, 2009

Training update

An update on my training for the 3 day.

Monday is always a rest day.

First week: no problem. Tuesday=3 miles, Wednesday=0 min cardio, Thursday=3 miles, Friday=30 min cardio (with a personal trainer), Saturday=3 miles, Sunday=3 miles. I made it through the first week.

Week 2: Same as above except I switched Thursday and Friday because I had my last (free) personal training session. He really kicked my butt. I wish I could actually afford to have someone there to tell me what exercises to do, when and then to push me through the last rep. Yesterday I went for a walk outside instead of going to the gym-Saturday was supposed to be 4 miles. It was Mike, Margaret and Jadah and 3 dogs. We tried going the 3.7 route around the lake, but it was about 7pm and we thought we better cut back. The dogs LOVED it. They were running everywhere. All were so pooped out when we got back. Even though we have a large back yard, it is very flooded and muddy right now so Polly does not have the freedom like she does at the park to run full out and bound through the prairie. I was really tired after that one too. I don't think we did the 3.7 or 4 miles, but with having to steady yourself on ice patches, through slush and mud, and up hills; I think I still got the workout that was intended.

On my donation tally: as of today, I am still $27 short of the first milestone of raising $500. We are going to have a garage sale in May. First at our house and then whatever is left we will move to the Moritz house to try in the Oakdale area. If you would like to be the one to put me over that first milestone I have included the link to the donation site.

thank you to all of you that have helped with the fund raising and/or walked with me during training.

Help me reach my goal for the Twin Cities Breast Cancer 3-Day!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Way to go, hun! I'm so proud of you. Keep up the hard work!