Sunday, August 23, 2009

3-day recap

What a great experience. I feel so blessed to have been apart of this event. The training was brutal, but soo worth it. I knew I wouldn't be able to walk the full 60 miles. Everyone (at the 3-day) told me not to even try because too many people end up injured for the closing ceremony. My goal for the actual 3 days was to walk each day. I accomplished this. 15 the first day, 10 on day 2, and 10 on day 3. That alone was huge, because even during training, on the weekends where we had back to back big walks I always did Saturday and said screw Sunday. This time I got up the next morning and was ready to go at it again.

There were a lot of pictures so I will try and keep this short, but if you want the full details of all the pictures - go to facebook.

Day 1: Rained in the morning

Preschool that came out with signs and wore the Energizer bunny ears.

Awesome group of men on Harleys that followed us everywhere. Their wives were walking.

Neighborhoods were really creative with their signs along the route.


Jody's Couch
with the Capitol in sight!

We made it!

It was all so worth it.
That same day...I signed up to do it again next year.



2 comments:

erin said...

Cool! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Jodi said...

Way to go Carrie!