Saturday, October 1, 2011

Renaissance Festival 2011


Jolynn and I went to the Festival today with Uncle Jason, Nate, Sarena, Olaf, and Knute. It took us a while to get situated but it was nice once we were inside. We were there around 11am so it wasn't very crowded yet. I had been on my phone or texting with people so my phone was on top of the stroller. We finally all got together and decided to grab something to eat and then find a spot next to the jousting arena so we were ready for the show. It's been a while since I have been to the festival. I had forgotten the food booths don't take cards. So I went to use my phone to call the bank to find out my pin number so I could use the ATM. LOST MY PHONE! Nate tried calling it and no one answered, then we backtracked to where I last had it. He called it again. This time someone answered - they had brought it to the information booth/lost and found. Sigh of relief! Guess where I put that sucker after I got it back - close to my heart. With my bustier, nothing was falling down.

Since I still didn't have any cash, Jason gave me money for a turkey leg. I shared a bit of it with Jolynn. She liked it. Jolynn spent a lot of time with everyone else while at the festival. Sarena held her for a while. Then Nate. Even Jason watched her while I went to the free beer tasting with Olaf and Knute. Honestly, I drank maybe half of each little shot glass sample and the rest was poured into Knute's glass. There was one that I drank the whole thing and wouldn't have minded having a whole one - Jeremiah Weed, Lightening Lemonade. Yummy! We got back to Jason, and Jolynn was out of the stroller in his lap. He tries to be a tough guy, but he really likes her a lot. :)

I wish I would have taken more photos, there were some CRAZY looking people. It was the last weekend so I guess all the wack jobs come out. I mean - this is the RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL. Not Trekie weekend. Not Comic Con. Not Space Invaders (there was a robot). I even saw a guy dressed up as the Johnny Depp version of the Mad Hatter. And then there was the transvestite (see FB for that image).

No comments: