Sunday, December 7, 2008

Surprise Party

It was a success! Margaret was completely surprised. I thought for sure I was going to blow it when I answered the door and couldn't wipe the grin off my face. Mike quickly suggested she go upstairs to check out our Christmas tree. Everyone was crouched down or hiding around the corner. As she went upstairs everyone popped out and yelled SURPRISE! We had a large group of family and friends (somehow they all fit in our living room and kitchen) over yesterday afternoon to surprise Margaret for her birthday (which was actually on Friday). I have never thrown a surprise party. I have hosted a few holidays and had guests over, but never this large and a surprise. We had a great spread of food, Jon's grandpa hooked us up with the same beef that we had at the wedding and he brought over his wings. I made mashed potatoes and heated up the left over potatoes from the wedding (don't worry they were frozen the whole time). I made a bunch of appetizers/snacks and we had the whole sheet cake left over (also was frozen) from the wedding. I didn't have any of the wedding cake except the piece that Jon fed me. Even after being frozen for over a month that cake was sooo good. Super moist. Lots of photos were taken-see Facebook.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Way to go Carrie! If anyone deserves it, Margaret does!