Saturday, June 27, 2009

11 miles

I really wanted to get back on track with training. I went on Wednesday to the gym and did the 30 min of cardio, and again on Friday with 45 min of cardio. I didn't do the walking on Tuesday and Thursday - but I was working on the deck instead so I figured that was pretty good exercise. So today I had to walk 14 miles. I figured 3 miles to the gym 8 there and 3 back. I got to the gym just fine, walked 4 miles and stopped to stretch eat a Go Lean bar and then started to do the next 4. 2.5 miles in my knee was starting to hurt to a point I wanted to cry. Actually I did cry. I figured it was time to get home before I couldn't make it home. At this point I would only be short 1.5 miles from the 14. Started walking home and 1.5 miles in I was in so much pain it hurt to walk. I stopped and sat for awhile thinking that would make it feel better - nope, as soon as I started walking again it hurt. I called Jon and he picked me up. I felt so defeated. It's just walking. I shouldn't have tried to do 14. I haven't walked in a month (busy fundraising-which I made goal!). I should have taken it easy and just walked as much as I could and try again tomorrow (without being hurt). Total walked: 11 miles.

At least I can put the 10 mile sticker on my 3-day name tag.

No comments: