Monday, June 1, 2009

Observations

I haven't been very good about walking lately. I've been so busy that I am just too tired to do the major walking on the weekends. On Sunday I busted out walked 3 miles (was supposed to be 5). Some observations I made on this walk:

1. I walk with Polly and an emergency whistle, but I have found I still felt better about my walk when I could see through the bushes.
2. I hate cottonwood.
3. tree worms that hang in the path by a web-like string are gross.
4. I need a new route because the park is only good for one time around.

I clocked some new stops to walk to (all distance is one way):
Xin Xin is 1 mile
Brunswick Zone (bowling) and Aldi are 2 miles
Walgreens is 2.2 miles
Gold's Gym is 3 miles
Cub and Target are 3.3 miles
Petco, Chipoltle, and Jimmy John's are 3.6 miles

So far the walk to Gold's Gym on the weekend, work out for a bit, and walk back seems to be the winner. For the rest of the weekends mileage on the weekends varies from 10-18 miles on Saturdays, and 6-13 on Sundays.

Anyone that wants to join me is welcome :)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Keep it up, hun you're doing a great job!

Unknown said...

They this to map out new walks. Try starting from different locations...your moms house, your inlaws house etc.
http://www.usatf.org/routes/


click on create a route
then enter your address or starting location and zoom in to find the exact location then map around where you want to go. I use this to find new running routes. If I lived closer I would join you....youre doing great tho!
Cheryl (your cousin)