Saturday, May 15, 2010

26 weeks

I made it to the end of the 2nd trimester! Bring on the last 3 months! I can't believe it. It really is going fast. I think about the things that are left to do with the room and I hope things come together soon. Jolynn moves a lot. Jon has been feeling her more (and believes that it really is her). Polly was resting her head on my belly last night and Jolynn started kicking and squirming. Polly got up and moved to Jon's belly. Haha. I want to try and find a stethoscope. The books say I may be able to hear the heart beat with one at this point.

Things are starting to hit work too. People realizing that there are only 3 months left. I think I am right on track and all the sales reps I work with are really sticking to their deadlines so I can get things done before I leave. Things run so smoothly when everyone does what they are supposed to do.

I've been to a point where I think I should still be able to do things and eat things. Then I do, and I don't want to do them again. Mowed the front lawn; pretty sure I don't want to do that again in the next 3 months. Eating spicy food; pretty sure I can't do that again for a while. Lugging groceries into the house; lighter bags or Jon has to be home to help. All a learning curve.

The one thing I still don't get is how I haven't gained any weight. I've actually lost weight. I'm HUGE. Really. And I still have the biggest growth spurt to go. Where is it going? Was I this big before I was pregnant and the baby has been eating away at my body (as my mom once called-a parasite)? Whatever is going on, I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Hope it continues after Jolynn is born.

Jolynn update:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat. She now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel.

1 comment:

erin said...

A parasite! LOL!
Totally.