Monday, May 24, 2010

28 weeks

Monday's appointment wasn't great. On the positive, still no weight gain and Jolynn's HR is around 150. My BP was high again though. They had me rest on my left side for a while and then retested. It went down, but now they want me to test it everyday for the next week and then I have to revisit them on Wednesday. At that point they will decide if I need to come back in a week or if I can start my every two week regime. This sucks. I feel fine. I'm not swelling or light headed or feel like my heart is going to burst out of my chest. My choices are either go to the clinic everyday for a BP check or stop at a Target/Walgreens and use one of those machines. I don't do well with the machines because they get really tight/painful. Plus with camping this weekend, it's going to make it hard to find a place to do this. I'm hoping my mom still has her BP cuff and scope.

Mom's cuff was stolen when the cabin was broken into. So I went to CVS. They had a cuff and scope for $15 and a digital one for $30. I have come to the conclusion that the digital one is not all that accurate because I am reading 154/104 IN THE MORNING. The cuff does say that it has to wrap around to a certain point on your arm or you have to go up a size. Which it doesn't, so I'm sure it's not taking an accurate reading. Again, I feel fine. If I had any of the signs of preeclampsia I would be worried, but I don't.

My 28 week photo for some reason looks smaller to me than my 26 week. I'm so excited for the next few weeks - camping, BOW, volunteering at the MS 150. Then there will be a few weeks of rest. We still have class until the end of June also.

Jolynn's progress:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

No comments: