Friday, May 21, 2010

27 weeks

We attended our first birthing class on Thursday. It was a packed room. Jon and I thought we were early because we were there 15 min before start time. Everyone else was pretty much right behind us. I found that I am not very good at asking the questions. I just don't have any. Talking was not a problem though during the group discussions. With all the books and websites I've been going to, there isn't much I'm not prepared for. Jon on the other hand I wasn't so sure of. I thought this would be nice for him to talk to other expecting dads. He found that he too was much more prepared for what is to come than most of the other dads there. At the end of class we talked to the instructor about how many of the dads were pretty clueless and how Jon was more at ease with everything because of the books he had been reading. She suggested he bring his books to our next class. Women tend to look and read into this more than men, and she thought if it came from him (not the instructor) it would have more weight.

I've been diligently taking my medication and watching the salt intake. I admit, I have had a McD's and we have been to Red Robin a couple times. Do you really expect me to eat salad 7 days a week twice a day?! I need to splurge every now and then. I'm feeling great. I've been weighing myself and still have not seen any weight gain. I have my last monthly appointment on Monday. There will of course be an update in week 28. After that I believe the appointments go every 2 weeks for the next 2 months and then every week for the last month. Cruisin right along! Jolynn was a little quiet the last two days, but has been moving quite a bit again today. Go right ahead. Squirm all you want. Daddy and I love to feel it...and sometimes Polly too.

Jolynn's progress:
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh my, it's amazing how fast it goes when it's not me that's preggo! I can't believe you only have three months left! I am SO excited.

SoulStyle said...

congratulations!