Saturday, January 16, 2010

9 weeks

So I'm actually at the end of the 9th week. I decided to wait with this post to see how the week went. It was my first week back full time at work. Before this week I was either off completely or only worked 5 hours a day. I was used to taking a nap when I was tired (which is all the time). Being at work, Monday wasn't so bad because I was pretty busy and didn't notice, but then it hit me on the way home and I was sooo tired. All week I would make it through the day and then get home, make dinner, watch 2 hours of tv and crash. I have been sleeping from 8:30/9pm until 6am. Waking up a few times in the night to pee.

Other than the peeing, I still haven't had any major pregnancy ailments. The usual, constipated a few days, then my version of morning sickness for an hour or so. However, my heartburn was way worse when not pregnant than it has been pregnant. weird.

Jon and I visited the birth center at the new Maple Grove Hospital. It was very easy to get to-clear shot on the freeway and we can take back roads if needed through the shopping center. It is a beautiful facility. They had two Triage rooms where they first check you over to see how far along you are, that determines if you get a room yet. Then they have the birthing rooms. It had some of your typical stuff-big couch that folds down to a bed for dad, TV. It also had a huge tub, birthing balls, a TV framed that you can plug a stick into and put your own pictures up-so it's like having your own artwork in the room. 2 hours after you give birth they move you to the postpartum rooms. Pretty much the same except they have a shower instead of a tub, and they have a fridge. The baby can stay "in room" or you can get some shut eye and have them stay in the nursery. We really liked this one and it was in a nice part of town. They said if they have issues beyond what the Neo level 2 can handle they would go to North Memorial, Robbinsdale.

Craving: Peanut Butter. thank you Marcellus Gilmore Edson for your invention.

BabyCenter has this to say this week:
Your new resident is nearly an inch long and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.

1 comment:

erin said...

Cute post! I love reading what preggos are craving. Glad you are still feeling pretty good.