Friday, January 29, 2010

11 weeks

Energy level has gone up a little and I'm not peeing as often. I had a check up on Monday and we were able to hear the heartbeat-roughly 160 bpm. Yesterday I had a glucose test and passed with a score of 92. Nothing much has changed. I wish I was thinner so I could tell if I was actually showing. My pants have their days. Some days I can get them buttoned, some days I need the Bella Band. I went through my bra drawer - an entire bag full of bras that no longer fit. I have already gone up a full cup size! I'm now down to two bras that fit, and one I just snapped the underwire yesterday. Still wearable but not the most comfortable.

Jon has still been as wonderful as ever. He is reading his book The Expectant Father. One day he came up to me and asked how I was feeling, how my day went. He then proceeded to kiss me, over and over. I asked why all the sudden affection and he said because the book told him that is what he was supposed to be doing. So cute :)

Here's what BabyCenter has to say for this week:
Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.

She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.

**BabyCenter switches from he/she every week. I still have a feeling it is a boy.

Cravings: Peanut Butter tastes good on many things: waffels, toast, pancakes, brownies...

1 comment:

erin said...

With SJ, I didn't "show" til I was 6 months. Don't feel bad. I'm glad you have more energy. I hope you're still feeling good! I can't believe you're almost through the first trimester!