Monday, January 25, 2010

It's Real

We had our 11 week check up today. My blood pressure was a bit high (but it always is at the doc's office). I had also gained 4 pounds. This nurse didn't have me take off my shoes though and I had to pee, drop 2 pounds for both those. Our midwife went over the tests that can be done to check for downs syndrome again. I chose not to have them done. If there was a risk to the baby or if it did have DS, we weren't going to get rid of it anyway so why risk it.

We found out that we need to see a genetic counselor because Jon has Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome. The midwife let us listen to the heartbeat - roughly 160 bpm and steady. There really is something in there!

Bad news about our appointment. The hospital we want to go to, Maple Grove Hospital, is not one of the participating hospitals that OB/Gyns from Healthpartners are with. So now we have to find out where to go so that we have someone that can deliver at Maple Grove Hospital.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Bummer! Finding a doc can be challenging. It'll be worth it if you really like the hospital though. You will see the nurses more than the doc, so liking them is more important!

erin said...

I agree with Jodi. Good thing you have tons of time! Thanks for the update--praying for Baby Moritz.