Friday, March 12, 2010

17 weeks

My appetite has gone down or I am so busy at work that I don't think about it. Both are a good thing. Keeps my mind busy. I haven't felt like doing much at home. I've spent the last week watching 2 seasons of Dark Angel.


Last weekend we went to Gracie's 2nd birthday party at the Kruse's house. It was interesting watching four 2 year olds interact. Best part was seeing Jason hold a baby! Yes, I said it. He held little Brianna and neither of them cried. Joan gave me the quilt that her, Jodi and I had picked out fabric for. It turned out beautiful.

My cravings this week have been minimal. Can't get enough milk. It tastes so good. I think Jon and I go through a gallon in 2-3 days. When I go to ALDI I have to buy 2 gallons at a time to make sure we don't run out. Makes sense reading my Babycenter update.

Sleeping has been getting interesting. I start on a side and wake up on my stomach. I wake up because it actually doesn't feel good-it feels like I'm sleeping on a small ball. The hard part about finding a comfortable position is that my side of the bed starts off with half the bed and sometime in the night I wake up and it is 1/3. Jon tends to meander to the middle of the bed, does not make me happy. If I shove him over enough, he may stay on his side.

Tomorrow I go to my first baby shower. Babies-R-Us is having a "shower". My mom, Margaret, and I are going. Not sure what the store has planned. Should be fun.

Chishi update:
Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I love your updates. Let me know when/how I can help out!

Jodi said...

I can't believe you're almost halfway done already!

erin said...

Jon will stay on his own side soon enough--there won't be room for him to meander!