Sunday, March 14, 2010

Baby Shower?

So it wasn't a real baby shower. My mom invited me, Margaret and my Aunt Sally to a "Baby Shower" that Babies-R-Us was putting on. We were a 1/2 hour early, so my mom printed off my registry and told me to point everything out to her that was on it because she hates trying to find everything in the store. Mostly every time I would show them what I was registered for, they would find a better one they thought I should be registered for. I compiled my registry by having Jodi go through the website and the store with me and then Jon added a few things when we went through the store. I know Jodi knows her stuff - she has two kids, recently. There are a lot of products out there that do more than you really need, but you don't want to get bare minimum either. I was trying to register for items that I would need, but may not be out of people's price range.

After we walked around the store for an hour or more they finally announced that the "shower" would be starting in the back of the store. First off was a diapering contest. My mom vs. Sally=mom won. Me vs. Margaret=I won. We won sample diapers. They also had boxes and sample wipes at the front of the store. Between the game and those samples I ended up with 18 diapers and about the same in wipes. Hehe. After the first game they announced they would be doing a tour of the store. Since we had already walked around for an hour, we bugged out on that. Time for lunch.

Byerly's across the parking lot was our lunch spot. They had fresh made sushi. I had a California roll (nothing raw). Then we went to JoAnn Fabrics. I think we spent more time there than at BRU. The moms must have caught a bug from Joan because they were looking through patterns and buying matching fabric to the quilt she made. All had ideas of things they wanted to make for the room or baby. Should be interesting what comes of it. I know Margaret used to make clothes for her boys, but I have only seen my mom make curtains, pillows, or cushions.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I think you're learning the trouble with being a parent-everyone has an opinion of what you SHOULD be doing! Just remember, it's YOUR baby, and your instincts will be right for the best choice for your child. Trust your heart.

erin said...

What Jodi said. For real.