Monday, March 29, 2010

19 weeks

So this is a little late - usually I post on Fridays. This weekend was really busy being that it was my birthday weekend. I can't say that there have been anymore changes this week. I have had a cold for the last 4 days. I didn't think there was anything I could take except Tylenol which would only get rid of a headache and fever. I have a dry cough and congested nose (it's runny during the day and congested at night). Between getting up to pee 3-4 times during the night, coughing, or flipping from one side to the other; I don't think I'm getting a whole lot of sleep.

The one thing I keep telling myself is that I've made it to the half-way point. It's all down hill from here, right? This is where all the good stuff starts - ultrasounds, feeling the baby move, Jon being able to feel the baby move, being able to buy stuff that is gender related.

When I went to Colby, WI with Margaret this past Saturday, we stopped at a consignment store. I ended up finding a couple stuffed animals, books, and outfits that were gender neutral. I know I'm going to be in trouble once I know what the sex of Chishi is because you can buy a lot of clothes at thrift stores when they are only .99-2.99 vs. what they are in the stores. Buying baby clothes in thrift stores is way different than buying adult clothes. Adult clothes have been worn for years and you don't even know what size they really are anymore. Baby clothes look like they have hardly been worn.

Only 1 1/2 weeks until the ultrasound!

Chishi update:
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awww congratulations! that is so exciting!