Wednesday, June 2, 2010

29 weeks

This will be an early mid-week post. I'm off to BOW for another fun filled relaxing weekend! Jon and I went to an early class this week too because they were giving a tour of the rooms again. This time I brought my camera. It goes kind of fast because I wasn't sure if it was okay and I didn't want to hold up the group. You get the idea. The first video is the birthing room and the second is the recovery room. They don't look much different except the birthing room has a big tub, where the recovery room has a shower.




I also had another doctor's appointment. Jon came with this time. I brought my readings and the cuff I was using so they could see that yes I was taking my BP, but it probably wasn't accurate. They agreed. The readings were very off. I read 142/90 at the office visit. I lost another pound. Jolynn's heart rate was around 140. I forgot that this visit was also my next 1-hour glucose test. I don't have those results yet, but the orange flavor really gave me a stomach ache this time. Since my BP was still elevated and I was due for another ultrasound anyway, they scheduled one for later in the afternoon. Everything still looks good - still a girl. She measured just right for the week I'm on. The technician said she measured/weighed in the 50 percentile. Almost 3 lbs! She wasn't able to print any new profile pictures because once again Jolynn was camera shy. She was all curled in a ball with her head tucked into her chest.

Jolynn's progress:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Looks like a nice place. Have fun at BOW!