Saturday, February 6, 2010

12 weeks

No changes...again. Seriously, if we had not heard the heartbeat at our last visit I would wonder if I am really pregnant. The lower part of my stomach is starting to feel hard (not its usual squishy). My bathroom breaks have come under control a bit. I discovered if I drink more at work and less when I get home, then I don't have to get up as much in the middle of the night.

Jon and I have picked out names for a boy and girl. Hopefully we will find out the sex at 20 weeks (hopefully they will do an ultrasound then). We will share the name when we find out the sex.

Jon is still as fantastic as ever. I am so happy to have such a great husband. Three months into this and he is still doing laundry, taking care of Polly, shoveling the driveway, vacuuming. And all without me asking! I told him he was a great husband and he said "no I'm not". I asked why. He said, "because all I do is play video games". Not exactly true. It's okay to play games as long as you do other things too - which I explained he was, and it has been a great help.

Babycenter update:
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long and weighs half an ounce.

Cravings: don't think I have had a changes. Satisfying a few thanks to Margaret - Ohio Buckeyes - peanut butter goodness.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Enjoy the peace of no symptoms while you can. You are very lucky to have these weeks, but I do understand the desire to feel movement!

erin said...

I'm so glad you're doing so well!
Also, what Jodi said! You'll be feeling those kicks before you know it.