Sunday, April 11, 2010

21 weeks

Busy week. I've been trying though. I figure the more I keep myself occupied, the less I will think about time. This week was the big ultrasound. Once the lady told us what position she was in, I have been feeling her movements more. It makes sense that I feel the kicking so low and the tickling more around my belly button-she is currently breach. We found out it is a girl and she is already pretty stubborn. It took a lot of prodding to get her legs uncrossed. (Note to you boys out there). I thought it funny that another book I have on your week by week progress mentioned the baby this week was the same size as a baby cub when it is born.

Also new this week - Jodi took me shopping at JoAnn's for room decor. We started the theme of the room to be Velveteen Rabbit. That stuff is really hard to find, so we leaned toward bunnies. There is a lot of Easter stuff on sale (40-70% off) right now. The theme has now moved toward a garden theme - still bunnies, but also includes flowers. So we snatched up as much as we could and also used her teacher discount. I haven't finished putting everything up yet, but as soon as I do pictures will be posted.

Jolynn's progress this week:
Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.

No comments: