Friday, April 30, 2010

24 weeks

It was an interesting week. Started with my appointment on Monday with the doc after being on BP meds for 2 days and having a low sodium intake. BP was much better - 130/48. It is still high, but I thought that much lower after 2 days was much better. I also lost 2 lbs! With as much as I am going to the bathroom, I really didn't think I was retaining that much water. They said I didn't have to come back for 4 weeks, so that was also a good thing. Not helping with the low sodium intake - I have been craving potato chips and KFC. I have not given in. Popcorn chicken sounds really good though.



Still keeping myself pretty busy. This weekend I am volunteering at the Parkinson Walk. Something I have done for almost 5 years now. I just help write out the forms for the groups getting their photo taken. Nothing strenous. Then I will meet up with Jodi and possibly Erin for the next Munchkin Market sale at Washington County Fairgrounds. In the evening, Jon and I were invited over to Olaf's for game night. Nice to get together with friends, and after a busy day, glad I'm not hosting it.




Jolynn's progress:


Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long, she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

2 comments:

erin said...

You look great! Sorry I couldn't make it to the Munchkin sale. I hope you guys had a great time. I just couldn't fit one more thing in.

Carrie A said...

You should ake your own popcorn chicken... make a corn flake breading or anytype of breading and cut your chicken into bite size pieces. Bake them up!! That way you can control the sodium!