Sunday, April 18, 2010

22 weeks

Really the only change this week has been movement. I feel Jolynn much more now. Other than that things have been uneventful pregnancy wise. Since finding out the sex I have accumulated many girlie outfits. I have found that I have a weakness for dresses with matching bloomers. Margaret took me to a fundraiser/sale at Cottage Grove MS yesterday. You could buy an IKEA bag for $1 at the door. I think we could have filled 3. There were sooo many clothes. Everything was priced from .50-6.00. I think the most we spent on anything was $3. I couldn't believe the deals we found on items that in the store brand new would be $30. Brand name clothing, some stuff still had tags on it! We only went through the 0-12 months. There were other rooms with toys and books, but we didn't even get there. Once the IKEA bag was full we had stuff in our arms. I had to say enough was enough. I had to meet some friends at the MN Zoo to see the Farm Babies exibit. Otherwise, we probably would have stayed longer. There were some ladies that told us of some other big sales like this one. A friend also told me about a website Munchkin Markets. If you sign up, they will send you emails with upcoming events.


Also last weekend Margaret, Mike and I went to the Baby Expo. Some vendors decided to leave way before the end of the show which was disappointing. Good for the other vendors because we still ended up buying stuff and taking pamphlets of their advertising materials. They had pony rides, jumpers, and much more. To the right is a display of a baby at 20 weeks. There is a tube of chapstick next to it for size comparison.

My weekends have been very busy. I am trying. I'm getting close to the third trimester. I'm not very good at waiting for things, so if I keep myself busy I'm hoping I won't think about it.

Jolynn's progress:
At 11 inches and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her body and the deep wrinkles on her skin, which she'll sport until she adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside her belly, her pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

No comments: