Friday, July 16, 2010

Hospital Stay: Day 1

So it's not technically day 1, but it is the first full day being here.

thanks to Jodi for dropping what she was doing and going to my house to pack my hospital bag. And to those that watched her kids so she could drop everything.

When I was admitted yesterday they had the NST machine on me constantly and were taking my BP every hour. Luckily they took everything off at night otherwise going to the bathroom would have been very tricky. I had a slight headache yesterday that was gone this morning, but was replaced with a neck ache (slept wrong). They told me when I woke up to go to the bathroom if it was around 2am to buzz the nurse and they would do a BP check. Then they did another one at 6am. Both times the buzzer went off on the machine. This usually means that the lower number is over 90. So far this morning they have not had any machines hooked up to me. I'm a little surprised. Yesterday they also checked my cervix. It was soft and she said a finger. If you have been or know someone that has been pregnant you will know what that means. I don't know what the size means. I figure I just need to get through today and tomorrow they will start prepping my cervix so there will be more things going on to distract me.

Sounds like when I get home, besides having a beautiful baby girl to look at, there will also be the sliding glass door installed and the window downstairs will be done. Possibly even have the craft room painted. I really wish I would have had another week. That's all I needed. I had all these plans to get this stuff done by 7/25. That would have been week 37 and I knew there was a possibility of being induced at that point. Not hospital bed bound at week 35 day 4.

2:30pm: snack cart just came by. I've been posting my BP readings on facebook. Sounds like they won't be constantly monitoring me unless the results come up unfavorable. So far they have been good so they just keep letting me rest with out all the cords. My hair is starting to feel a little grubby. A few people have mentioned coming to visit today and tonight. Don't mind the dreads. Tomorrow I try taking a quick shower. They have to make me into Michael J (one glove) to cover the IV in my hand.

From 2:30 until 10pm I had guests here. First Jodi, Carrie, and Tamara. Then Jon got here and his parents, Olaf and Sara, and then my mom and Aunt Sally. Not everyone was here at once, so that was good too.

We found out that our nurse for the weekend is going to be Jane. She is fantastic. Lots of experience. We also found out that the doctor for the weekend is Hessel. WOO HOO! I'm feeling good about my team.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I'm so excited, I feel like a kid at Christmas. Let me know if there's anything else we can do to help!