Thursday, May 15, 2008

Another doctor Appt.

Saw the doctor again today. Same doctor, exactly one month from the time I saw him before. Last time he listened to my breathing, looked in my ears, nose and throat, asked me a few questions then said it was just a common cold. Since I had it for more than two weeks at that point he prescribed amoxiccilan. I took this and still had the cough. Then I went through a bottle of Tylenol cough and sore throat; then a bottle of Delsym. None of this has worked. Last weekend I was coughing so hard I threw up. That is what drew me to go to the doctor again. I'm usually not one to go to the doctor because they never tell you anything worth the money your paying. I told you what happened at the last visit-that cost me $90.
This visit he did the same thing, no tests, just gave me a prescription for an inhaler and some pills to take that would numb my throat. Both are only to be taken on the onset of coughing or as needed. He also said to take Claritin. He said this would stop the post nasal drip that also may be causing the cough. I asked if this was a cold or some form of whooping cough. He said it was the after effects of the cold and could last 4-6 weeks. Well, only 2 more weeks to go. I would really just like to sleep one night without coughing.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow, that sucks. Maybe a different doc?

Unknown said...

he could still be right. I had to google some words and it came up with other blogs from people that had the same thing as me and they were actually sick for a month also. last night I only coughed a couple times, much better than lately.

Jodi said...

Wow, that sucks. I was sick like that too, but it was right when I had Gracie so I figured my body was having trouble keeping up with everything.

Mandi said...

I just had the same thing, and I invested in some Claritin-D 24 hour release. They're a bit spendy, but well worth it. Out of ten tablets, I only made it through 3 before my cold was long gone!

Make sure you get the good stuff behind the counter. The stuff with Pseudoephedrine in it.