Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tent City

This is the greatest tradition that I have been apart of. I thought I had been going since I was 2, but most records (pictures) only show me at age 8. It was another great year-next year may be even better since it will be the 40th anniversary. They are going back to their roots and having it at Rat Lake. There is a lot of work to get it ready for next year, but I'm definitely up for it. Anything for this group. It is strange how you can see a group once or twice a year and feel like you never left. Here are some photos from this weekend.







Jadah's sarcofa tent next to my tent
making hot pockets in
mom's dutch oven










Jadah made a pan flute
from beer bottles

Bumby teaching Jadah
Archery








Mom making
strawberry
crisp in dutch oven
fresh rolls from
dutch oven


Jadah helping with community Chili





Bumby taught Jadah and Nicole
how to shoot a gun
Bumby's Angels



What Tent City is all about
campfires, singing, and kids sleeping
by the fire.





Jadah waking from her night in
"Sarcofa" tent.

No comments: