Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sleepy

I'm draging today. I think I'm getting enough sleep-just not restful. Polly sleeps in our room on the floor next to me. Everytime she gets up and adjusts I hear her and it wakes me up. This morning she was up around 4:30am pacing. I thought she may have to go to the bathroom because we didn't let her out before we went to bed. Jon took her out (thank you) but she didn't do anything but sit and look around. We got up at our normal 6am and she did the same thing. Then we went for our walk, came back and nothing again. We went back inside, I got ready for work. I let her out one last time before having to leave-we threw the ball a few times-she raced around the yard and then took a bee line to her spot. She went potty. I got all excited and she came racing back to me-then she took a lap around the yard again and spooked a rabbit out of hiding. She didn't chase after it and I praised her for that, but then she took off into the neighbors yard-all the way up on their deck! She wouldn't listen at all when I called her. I had to get her leash and haul her back in the house. What has been so hard for us is the yard is not fenced so we want to keep her on a leash so we don't have instances like this last case. However, she will not go to the bathroom on a leash. I suppose if she had to go bad enough she would just go, but with getting ready for work, we really don't have the time to wait for her to explode. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Jodi said...

He he, now you know what it's like to have a newborn. Sleep? What? What about looking into an outdoor kennel? Then she can be outside all day. Brian's dad has one with a doghouse in it so if it starts to rain she's ok.

Unknown said...

She's always been an indoor dog, so I don't know how she would take to that.

erin said...

Man. You do a lot of stuff in the morning.