Thursday, June 17, 2010

31 weeks

Braxton Hicks - otherwise known to me as constant sit ups. I probably have been having these for a few weeks now, but didn't notice as much. This week has been crazy. I feel like I am getting them ALL.THE.TIME. Sometimes it will be part of my side, then my whole stomach will be one hard ball. Really, it's like doing a bunch of sit-ups. Jon asked if I was having contractions - no, those would be more intense, and would feel like menstrual cramps too. Pretty sure I don't have those.

We have been getting many things off our to-do list this week also. Mom and Bumby have started or finished their projects. Jon helped organize the guest room. I washed all the Munchkin Market clothes (4 loads!). And we moved the big mirror in Jolynn's room to our room (it attaches to our bedroom set anyway) so I could apply the mural (yet to do).

Monday's appointment: BP 140/82. Must have been okay to them because they didn't raise my meds again. I did mention that the last two times I have been in for an appointment they have forgotten about me in the waiting room and I had to notify them 15 min after my appointment was supposed to start that I was still there. This last time I waited 20 min in the lobby, then didn't actually see the doctor until 45 min after my scheduled appointment. This really doesn't help my BP. All other stats were good again - no weight gain and Jolynn's HR was ~148. Next week I will have a non-stress test. They said they would do another ultrasound around 35-36 weeks to see how she is progressing. If we need to go in at 37 weeks they will determine if she is head down or breech; and this will decide if we are induced or c-section. Still hoping to ride this out as long as I can - cook baby cook.

Class: almost done. One more week to go. Today's was pain management through the labor stages using ice. I found that the ball worked the best; doing the Doula Hula or leaning over it and having Jon massage my lower back.

Jolynn's progress:
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I know what you mean about those apts. It was normal for me to wait 30-60 minutes after my apt time. Just remember it's because the doc is giving the best care to every patient. Answering every question and being informative-which is what you want in a good doc.