Thursday, June 10, 2010

BOW 2010

Summer BOW. A little different this year being I was 30 weeks pregnant. I didn't take any classes that were strenuous. First class was handgun. I already know how to shoot them, but how often do you get to? So I did that, I would just like to say that you don't want to mess with this mama - I'm a dead eye.

I bring you back also to last summer's BOW I believe - when I took out the buffalo.

Class #2 was canoeing. Funny thing with this (I should have taken a picture). When I put my life-preserver on, everything was going great until I got to the tummy. Darn thing slipped right up! I figured I was pretty buoyant if anything was to happen. I ended up with the instructors. It was very relaxing. I ended up getting a bandanna award for being able to steer so well (was in the back). The instructor in the front said she barely had to do anything. The other instructor sat in the middle and was able to observe everyone else. Being back in the canoe on a big lake reminded me of BWCA. Thinking of planning a trip out there again maybe next spring.

Class #3 was walking stick. I've made many sticks in my time with Tent City, but this time I had tools and embellishments...wood burners, Chinese carving tools, leather, beads, rocks, paint.

Class #4 was supposed to be Fly Fishing. We had heard that the class was on a river with tubes or off shore or off a bridge. Since I didn't have chest waders and they didn't have hip waders, I thought the other two would be my option. Well, the first class came back and said they were on the lake in tubes. Sunday morning it happened to also be raining (again), so Margaret said absolutely not. I ended up going back to the walking stick class and made another stick. I helped another attendee with her stick - she was 92 (?) and was having trouble stripping the bark from her stick.

The roomies this year:


Dorothy, Linda, Margaret, and me (we also had a newbie-Becca)

No comments: