Wednesday, June 23, 2010

32 weeks

Doc Appt: Good and Bad again. I lost another 2 lbs. That's 5 total! They hooked me up to a fetal monitor for a non-stress test. I thought Jolynn was doing just fine. The books say to count at least 10 movements in an hour. She did 9 in 20 min. Doctor came in and said, "hmmm, not quite what we're looking for"; then did a claw with her hand and gave Jolynn a shake. Then Jolynn moved about 9 times is a few minutes. Doctor came back in and said, "yup, that's what we were looking for." Ok. I go back again next week and then the week after that they have another ultrasound ordered. Oh, the bad...blood pressure was 146/96. Another good...I only waited in the lobby for 2 min!

Things are moving along in the room too. Jon put up the blinds and curtains. Sounds like the book shelves will done in another week or so. Our travel system arrived. Thank you Cindy and Sarah! Jon found it on the deck, we think it arrived Wednesday. They didn't leave a note on the door or in the mailbox saying it was back there. Luckily it didn't rain as hard as it did the night before or we would have a soggy box.

Last class: The pediatrician came. We (mainly two people) asked many questions. They went through bathing, swaddling, soothing techniques. We watched a video at the end that was hilarious. It had this doctor on telling you the 5 S's to calm a crying baby. I wish I would have written them down. Swaddle, Shoosh (that was the funniest), Swing, and I can't remember the last two. I really lost it after the shooshing. I really enjoyed going to these classes, even if we knew a majority of it. We ended up meeting a couple from Rogers. She goes to North Clinic also and we are (were) due a week apart. Jon and I just found that we related to them more than the other couples and they were easy to talk to. We exchanged information so hopefully we'll keep in touch now that class is over. Once again, Facebook is a wonderful thing.

Jolynn's progress:
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness! It's getting so close!! I am so glad you have a summer due date, so I can be around a LOT.

erin said...

You look so good!!! And I LOVE the curtains. LOVE THEM!